Monday, July 2, 2012

Right to Write

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” -Ernest Hemingway

Mr. Hemingway died on this day. This quote could not be more true, although typewriters are becoming few and far between these days. Everyone must make more time to do things that ignite their soul and bleed with intensity. 

For me, it's photography & writing. Two things in which I love yet abandon so badly.

My wish for the world today is that everyone would just let their passions positively bleed. I have had two friends in the past year take their own lives. Both of these amazing people were artists that I greatly admired. One was a woman who's paintings were beautiful & inspring to so many people in our community. The other gentleman happened to be my photography teacher turned friend through my college career. Ernest Hemingway committed suicide as well . . . too many artists have let go, leaving behind a legacy of art but much to soon before thier time.

The world is confusing, with sensory overload happening at every turn. No matter how confusing, tragic & depressing there is always a healthier outlet than letting go.

 Reading. Writing. Talking. Painting. Biking. Hugging. Kissing.

This post took a whole different path then what I first intended, but I let my thoughts bleed and this is where they ended up.

Suicide is something I have yet to fully understand, but the only thing I know for sure is it's not the answer. For more information, visit the suicide prevention lifeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment