Thursday, March 28, 2013

In the dark room, I see the light.

I'm expanding my photography and professional life surrounding it & I just can't seem to tear myself out of wanting to be in the dark room.

I have to incorporate this art somehow without the fear of it dying. Developing my own prints is how I learned what photography was and I can't just turn my back on an art form that I've come to love so much. I will never forget seeing my dad's black and white prints and being amazed at the tricks and tools he used in the dark room to double expose, overlap prints, coloring prints with ink, etc.

I've conformed to digital and have been using it for years but looking back on my prints I created in the dark room versus the ones I've had professionally printed, you just can't compare the grain detail in a black and white film print. It's beautiful, traditional & I had a part in creating it from beginning to end.








No comments:

Post a Comment