Thursday, January 5, 2012

Negative Nancy Not Allowed

Negativity surrounds an incredible amount of people's lives. Why? We allow it.

What I have come to realize over the past year is that if you don't even allow negativity into the flow of your every day, it dissipates & slowly disappears completely. This began with thinking it was a complete impossibility to go back to India. Last year, after diligently hand-writing over 200 letters to family & friends, I got a donation response of about $200 over a 6 month period. This year, I mentioned to a friend & fellow traveler that I yearned to go back. I kept telling him, "It's not gonna happen" So he started asking around and in a little over 2 weeks, he helped me collect the money for my trip just by asking around. He resides in Houston so the people that donated aren't even people I know; they just donated out of the goodness of their hearts and out of the positivity my friend had for me the entire way. He didn't allow negativity the way I did and it became possible.

This is a rather large example, but it works in little ways too. A few weeks ago I lost my favorite ring that my mom had gotten for me. Searching up and down the entirety of my tiny apartment for weeks led me nowhere. One day after work, I came home and said to my confidant, "I'm going to find my ring today."

"Oh, really?" He said in excitement and slight confusion

"Yup, there's no other option. Today is the day."

20 minutes later, I found my ring.

For that mere 20 minutes, I didn't allow the thought of "I'm never going to find it!" creep into my brain. I didn't allow for it and voila!

Anything you put out into the world in a positive way will make it's way back to you in positivity. Give the world a reason to give you good things. Trust me, the ways of the world work in mysterious ways no matter what God or higher power you believe in; don't let the option of negativity & it's evils stop you from getting something you want and deserve. Pave your way to positivity.






No comments:

Post a Comment